Hey Compass fans,
We LOVE Earth Day...actually we love nature! We've been thinking of a few ways to celebrate Earth Day (which is this Friday - 4/22) and help our planet. One thing to remember is that EVERY day should be Earth Day for us, we should appreciate every day we have on this wonderful planet and be thankful we're not stuck on Saturn!
- Plant a tree! This is the most obvious choice, as Earth Day is near Arbor Day, and provides many benefits (cleaning pollution, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, secure soil in place to prevent erosion, & providing homes to birds and other little animals).
- Adopt an animal- there are many programs that you can check out (see link below) to adopt a manatee, sea turtle, panda, you name it!
- Educate yourself- learn more about climate change and how it affects the world, as well as your area.
- Support farmers- purchase locally sourced foods & products when possible, to stimulate the local economy & support your neighbors.
- Volunteer- there are many organizations (link below) that happily welcome the help of volunteers for hands-on projects and educational programs.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
We'll have even more ideas listed out tomorrow, so check back with us in the morning.
We want to know what you do for Earth Day- whether it's planting a garden, voluntering, checking out your local farmers, anything! Be sure to tag us on Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram with the hashtag - #CompassStorageEarthDay. We'll be posting pics of what we're up to as well :)
The Compass Facebook- www.Facebook.com/CompassSelfStorage
The Compass Twitter- www.Twitter.com/CompassStorage
The Compass Instagram- www.Instagram.com/CompassStorage
The Compass Team
Adopt an Animal- https://gifts.worldwildlife.org
Local Farmer's Markets Near You- http://www.localharvest.org/farmers-markets/